Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Prep in the City

Over the years I've read so many blogs like these (and have enjoyed them immensely) but never found one that I thought captured my lifestyle.  So I thought maybe others would enjoy a blog about a modern day working girl in her early 20's living in the city and trying to balance that life with my old world prep upbringing.


 My name's McNeir, I grew up just outside of New York City, graduated from boarding school in Pennsylvania, attended college in Baltimore/DC (transfer student, not something I would recommend...) and have now settled in DC.  I'm lucky to have a great family, fabulous friends and job(s) I love.   I have an adorable guinea pig (a little unconventional, I know) named Eleanor-Ellie for short-she my solution to wanting a pet but not quite ready for a commitment as significant as a dog. 


 With my parents, Missy and John


With my little brother, Johnny 

I'm a lover of many different things: fashion, politics, cupcakes, christmas, summers in the Q, books, Central Park, football (Hail to the Redskins), sailing, traveling, and gourmet food to name a few.  I'm going to try and share a little bit of everything with you, all through my prep lens. 


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment