Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Chri...Okay Well Really It's Not, I Just Wish It Was

If I ruled the universe (or just invented the calendar) I would make the Christmas season last for six months of the year, and make the other six months the 4th of July.  In my mind, once you're too old to trick-or-treat, Halloween is a nuisance, and on Thanksgiving all I can think about is how starting at midnight I can publicly listen to Christmas music (and not just on my headphones, which I normally start doing in September).  So it's perfectly normal in my little world that I've already scoped out the Christmas card market.  In case you plan early like I do, here are a few of my favorites:








I LOVE the play on Hopper's Nighthawks:





 And for the eco friendly among us,



So Kate's Paperie obviously has some delicious options.  KKM, MMB, MHM, SLF, SMB, ARP, ECM, BEO, ALS, and the roomies will be getting one of those from me in the mail during the official Holiday season, but mum's the word on which one! If you're looking to do a photo card Shufferfly (I made my Grandparent's christmas card for them on there this year, and ordered them yesterday! so cute so and so easy) and Snapfish have some fabulous choices this year.  But when I got to Boatman Geller, I died.


I'm so glad my Mother takes care of the family photo christmas cards, because there is no way I can pick, how can you not adore all of the toile, plaid, monograms, and polka dots?!  I'm sure I'm having the same feeling as parents do when asked which of their children they like better.




Even picking those to share with you guys was torture.  Don't forget to order your return address labels too! They all have such cute options! I just got some from Shutterfly a few weeks ago and I've been looking for any excuse to mail things.


And for those closeted Christmas music listeners among you, this is the playlist I'm secretly (or , err, well, now I guess not so secretly) listening to.  It's called mix for magua volume cinq (the christmas edition).  It was an exam pick-me-up for my fried MMB last year and it's still my all-time favorite Christmas mix:
1. (There's No Place Like) Home For the Holidays by Barry Manilow
2. Little Saint Nick by The Beach Boys
3. White Christmas by Bing Crosby
4. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee
5. My Only Wish by Britney Spears
6. Sleigh Ride by Ella Fitzgerald
7. Step Into Christmas by Elton John
8. Santa Clause by Harry Connick, Jr.
9. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Frank Sinatra
10. Ho Ho Ho and A Bottle of Rhum by Jimmy Buffett
11. Santa Baby by Kylie Minogue 
12. All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
13. The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
14. Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney 
15. Christmas Wrapping by Waitresses
16. Last Christmas by Wham! 
17. Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley
18. Frosty the Snowman by The Jackson 5

Okay, hope that was enough of a dose of Christmas to get you through the five weeks until Black Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment