Friday, January 7, 2011

"New Year, New You"

Apple, please forgive me for borrowing one of  your headings from itunes, but it seemed fitting for my first post in January.  The past few days I've spent time skiing, thinking, and breathing fresh mountain air-something that gave me time to figure out what I want to get out of 2011.  I've spent different years focusing on different aspects of my life and in 2011 I want to be able to put it all together, to try to start to become the best version of myself.

I'm not one for writing down my feelings or creating resolutions, but I use music as my diary.  Each month I create a playlist of songs that express my thoughts, actions and emotion during that month.  I have months of happiness, months of breakups, months of change etc.  This is my playlist called january '11.  For me is a list of my 'theme songs'-a playlist full of honesty and hopefulness.

1. The Long Way Around by the Dixie Chicks
2. 100 Years by Five for Fighting
3. Good Day by Luce
4. I Like It by the Dixie Chicks
5. Joy by Phish
6. You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones
7. Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac
8. Closer to Myself by Kendall Payne
9. Time to Pretend by MGMT
10. Love, Love, Love by Tristan Prettyman
11. Long Live by Taylor Swift
12. Fool in the Rain by Led Zeppelin
13. American Pie by Don McLean
14. Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
15. The World Should Revolve Around Me by Little Jackie
16. Anna Begins by the Counting Crows
17. Name by the Goo Goo Dolls
18. Learning to Fly by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
19. New Strings by Miranda Lambert
20. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face by Coldplay
21. Little Secrets by Passion Pit
22. A Lifetime By Better Than Ezra
23. This by Darius Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment