Tuesday, November 30, 2010

what goes around comes around

My apologies to all for being so MIA, with the Thanksgiving holidays and other events, I'm afraid life has gotten in the way for a little while.   If some of you might recall, two weeks ago I posted about losing a bet to my father.  Well, I lost only half of a bet.  The other half of the bet I won, and was treated to lunch at my FAVORITE restaurant Pastis.  Not only is the food fabulous, and you feel like you've stepped out of Manhattan and into Paris, but it is usually packed with celeb sitings (past encounters include lunch between Conan O'Brian, one of the guys from scrubs (hat tip my dad since I don't watch the show and had no idea who he was) Heidi Klum and fam. and Michelle Trachtenberg)

Anyway this year, my mother and I arrived to lunch a bit early.  And instead of shopping (always a major temptation in the Meatpacking District) we decided to venture on up to the Highline, since my mother has never been.  I went when it first opened and haven't been back since and I really hope NYC finds the money to keep it around.  It truly is a remarkable park, if you have not been and are journeying to NYC soon, please do take the time to go visit it, regardless of the time of year.






a view of the old railroad tracks 

mother at the highline



Back to Pastis, unfortunately no celeb sitings, but I had a fabulous lunch with my mother and father (I had the mixed green salad, a croque monsieur, and a glass of sparkling rosé...my usual order)  Every time I go, I am just blown away by the food.  Yes, the prices are exorbitant, but trust me, every bite you take of their delicious food will be absolutely worth every penny.


pastis!

my croque monsieur



Thank you to all of you who read my blog.  I just got over 300 views.  Please pass it along to friends!

Hope you are all doing well.  I'm off to Paris this afternoon, I'll be posting plenty from the City of Lights...a bientot! 

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog....love it!

    The highline park is great...havent been since the weather has gotten colder. This restaurant sounds a-mazing...def want to check it out!


    p.s. amusez-vous a Paris...ca c'est ma ville favori etrangers :)

    ReplyDelete