Thursday, November 18, 2010

We Now Present The Seventh And Final Installment In The Epic Tale Of Harry Potter (part one)

With Johnny at the advance screening! (sans our new wands and Gryffindor scarfs)

After a long day of selling handbags on the Upper East Side (well long only because I keep looking at my watch every five minutes willing it to read 8 o'clock already) I got to go to an advance screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (complete with a free wand and Gryffindor scarf!) and it. was. INCREDIBLE! My brother, Johnny, who was sitting next to me hemming and hawing throughout the whole film wasn't quite as taken with it as I was.  Though I understand his reasoning, while obviously, David Yates and his team had to make some tough choices to make the intricate books more accessible to all of those who aren't die-hard fans, Johnny believes that there were moments that could have been truer to the book though maybe not as visually stunning.


I look at the film from a slightly more macro perspective: were all the major plot events in the first half of the seventh book covered? Yes. Was it visually stunning? Yes.  Could some of the sub-plots been addressed more? Yes. Am I dying for the second part of the movie already? YES! 


I was thrilled that my favorite of the Harry Potter books was so well adapted and highly recommend you go out and see it ASAP (double feature on Saturday? Morning Glory and Harry Potter? sounds perfect if you ask me!)  Can't wait for the next part this summer and the battle for Hogwarts.


Now I'm going to enjoy the rest of my night re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and drinking tea out of my Hogwarts mug!   Happy almost TGIF



No comments:

Post a Comment